Sunday, May 5, 2013
TALK LESS ACT MORE!!
One thing I have realized is, how easy it is to talk. Some people even say" talk is cheap". Yes talk is cheap, in the sense that everyone can afford it. You can say things how you want, and when you want. The truth is most people spend so much time talking, when they should be spending that time acting out what they have said. It’s common knowledge that at the beginning of the year, a lot of people make resolutions and say or even write out a number of things they would love to achieve during the year, but as time goes on, the zeal or motivation reduces, and once again they are left with talk but no action.
Not too long ago, I was having a conversation with a certain friend of mine, and i decided to "TALK" and share some of my plans. And then he said, you have so many beautiful ideas prize, and I've been hearing about them for quite some time now, but that is where it ends. And then the next time i see you, you talk about something new. After thinking about it, i realized it was true and i made a conscious effort to change it.
Now I’ll give you hints on how I've been able to turn my "TALK" into "ACTION".
1) The first and most important point is, TALK LESS ABOUT THE PLAN, AND ACT MORE!
2) Execute one plan at a time, DO NOT START AND STOP HALF WAY, DO NOT STOP TILL IT IS EXECUTED.
3) Learn to keep yourself motivated. REMIND YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL DO IT.
4) Shun every distraction and have a concrete plan. AVOID PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.
5) Involve God and trust in him to direct you and make a way for you. GOD FIRST!
Now with that said, I’d like to also point out or highlight some factors that keep a lot of people talking and not acting.
1) FEAR OF WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY, AND HOW THEY WOULD REACT. Countless times, this holds people back. If you are sure and have prayed about the next step you want to take, go ahead and take that step. Besides, human beings are so fickle-minded. Today they feel one way about something, and tomorrow it changes. I am not saying ignore words of wisdom and advice from people, all I am saying is, do not let idle talk or negativity keep you down!
2) FEAR OF FAILURE. This has and is still hindering a lot of people from setting out to act and work on their dream. They believe it’s okay to remain where they are because it’s safe, and taking a chance is just too much to handle. And what if it doesn't work they say to themselves. Well I ask and what if it does work? So take a chance. If it fails try again. Don't give up on yourself.
3) EXCUSES, LAZINESS, AND PROCRASTINATION. Stop making excuses. If you need to get something done, get it done, don't spend time talking and making excuses. Don't be lazy about it and don't procrastinate. Do it now and get it over with!