Thursday, November 13, 2014

                      BEAUTY IS WHAT I SEE WHEN I SEE YOU!!



It is common knowledge that girls are under a lot of pressure to look a certain way, or dress a certain way to look and feel like they are beautiful. I have never really fallen into this trap, but I have seen a lot of my friends and acquaintances fall into this trap. Where they feel they are not slim enough, are not tall enough, are not light enough, and are not good enough.  No one can make you feel a certain way without your permission.

The painful part is the media makes this worse by portraying a certain type of image to be the ultimate example of what beauty really is. And if you fall short of that, well you have to work hard to become that image. The most amazing part is this image changes with time. And you find people constantly changing themselves to fit into what that image should look like.
When it comes to beauty, I believe we have different unique shapes and flavors. But the huge problem is, most ladies look at themselves from the outside- in instead of looking from the inside-out. What do I mean by this? Let me explain it to you. Your outward appearance is just one segment or one part of what makes you beautiful. And if you focus only on that, while neglecting the inner beauty, and your character and many other traits you should work on such as your confidence, you will always find yourself trying to do more to keep the outward beauty.  The most disappointing part of it is the outward beauty is the one that fades away the fastest with time and age.  And that is why you find women who are so desperate to cheat nature because all they ever really invested in was the outward beauty.

Now inward beauty is also as important as the outward beauty but not so many people know this. The truth is, if you have a bunch of insecurities on your inside, low self-esteem, anger, jealousy, pride, malice, and unhealthy competition, no amount of outward make up or work out will cover that up. It will find its way out. If you are not satisfied with yourself on the inside, you won’t be satisfied on the outside. You will always be in search of more. I have come across so many ladies who are intimidated by the shade and color of another woman’s beauty. And the reason for this is because they have not gone inside to discover all the different shades of beauty God has deposited in them. They are just focused on what beauty looks like on the outside. Insecurity is born out of selfishness. It is a force that wishes it has more of what has been given to someone else by God. You find people insecure about their legs, their hair, their eyes, their size, their color and a lot more. But the truth is if they could focus their energy on the things that are going well for them, like the fact that they have two legs, their skin type is okay, their hair is available and not falling out because of cancer or some other ailment they would realize how beautiful they are.   And how grateful they should be for their portion instead of trying to be or look like someone else.

Another problem is people listen to other peoples voices. And lose their voice in the process. Oh you are too fat, you are too slim, and why is your hair like this? And before you know it you allow these voices drown you. You try to get validation from the media, from a boyfriend, from your family. And when you don't hear them tell you what you want to hear, you feel you have to do more, get slimmer, apply a little more makeup and all of that. But the safest place to get validation is from God. He says you are fearfully and wonderfully made.  He crafted you out perfectly and did not make a mistake. Every time you complain it is like telling God he made a mistake when he created you. There is nothing wrong with trying to look good. If you feel you gained a lot of weight, lose the weight but love yourself in all your forms. Today you are young and beautiful, tomorrow you will be old and gray. Will you throw your old self away?  I spend time in front of my mirror to always remind myself that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. My voice is perfect, my height is perfect, my personality is unique, and my color is perfect. And the days when I don't feel like it, I am reminded that God loves me the way I am.  So yes beauty is what I see when I see me, and it is what I see when I see you. Compliment yourself and focus on the positive parts of your life. Work on your weaknesses and let your beauty be to the glory of God. Both on the inside and on the outside.  Your outward beauty is just the cover to the amazing things God has deposited on your inside. Reach down deep inside of you and unleash your inner beauty.

BY PRIZE ABIMBOLA AROWOLO. 


No comments:

Post a Comment