Monday, October 24, 2016

                        WHO ARE YOU WHEN NO ONE IS WATCHING?
Yesterday morning I woke up feeling super tired from driving long distances and spending my whole Saturday at an amazing women's conference. I did not make it for workers meeting in church which starts at 7:30am. I was ready but did not want to rush out. While taking my time something was like just stay back and rest besides you spent the whole of Saturday with God. But I remembered that I am a Sunday school teacher to the teenagers. I imagined my teacher bailing on me without notice or any explanation and I got up.
What is the reason for this story? Well many people keep asking God for a bigger platform, for a better job, for a better country, for a spouse, for wealth, man the list is endless. But God just looks down and laughs. If you cannot sacrifice sleep to tend to your responsibilities, if you are not faithful in little, If you are not faithful when no one is watching who will give you more? Why should God give you more? WHY?

I have noticed how people love God so much on social media, then I ask myself if all these people really know God and love him who are the people that are pushing corruption forward? Who are the people going late to work? Who are the people that are so impatient while driving with the church sticker behind their Vehicles?
I went to church and the other teacher was there but that was not the point. The point is that, taking up my responsibility in my little pariah is forcing me to grow. I do not want to be recorded absent when God looks down. If I will not miss a lecture, then I will not make excuses when it comes to my responsibilities to God.

Today I am not here to judge you. I just want to ask you are you faithful with the little God has entrusted to you? What fruits are you bearing? What type of father are you? What will your wife say about you? What will your children say about you? What type of wife, son, daughter, friend, leader and follower are you? What does God say about you? You can deceive the whole world, you can even deceive yourself, but you cannot deceive God. He who is faithful in little will be given more. If God was to say something about you and the people closest to you were to be honest about who you truly are, what would they say? I know people who are just pretending on social media. I used to do it a little in the past. But I realized that what you want to show people is not as important as who you truly are.



Can God count on you? Can your family count on you? Can your country count on you? Can your friends count on you? Go look in the mirror and ask yourself if the person looking back is the best version of you? If the answer is no make changes. Take your responsibilities seriously. You cannot get the reward without the responsibility. You cannot take the prize without running the race. Get up and do the right thing everyday and everywhere. Have an amazing week.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you dear for this. I just realized the real us is what we do when no one is watching. God gives us some small responsibilities (so we thought) while he is preparing us for the future. It reminded me of David in the Bible, while he was busy protecting his sheep from Lions and boars little did he know God was preparing him to be the leader of a chosen nation, he passed cos he was diligent in small things. I just understood that being diligent in the affairs God put us into, will make us to be blessings to our generation. Thanks sister for this wonderful write up and may God continue to bless you. You are a blessing to your generation.

    ReplyDelete